Friday, March 22, 2013

Food for Thought...


So this is kind of a random post...I don't tend to talk about home remedies and such (though I am a big believer in natural practices).  But I thought I would share how great Manuka Honey is.

When John and I went to Australia, Fiji, and New Zealand for our Honeymoon (10 years ago) we were exposed to Active Manuka Honey in New Zealand.  We were young and didn't really care about it, but we brought back 2 large jars of the honey.  Needless to say I gave one to my mom who didn't know too much about it then.  Fast forward 10 years later and my mom now swears by it (my sister too).

In these months that we have been living with my parents Manuka Honey has been our go to remedy.  We use it for indigestion, sore throats, cold sores, small cuts, and in my mother's case preventing cancer from coming back.

Here are a couple of websites if you want to read for yourself:
http://www.manukahoney.com/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/187830-the-health-benefits-of-new-zealand-manuka-honey/
 http://www.manukahoney.org.nz/

A couple of weeks ago I had really bad indigestion and my mom asked me to take a teaspoon full of the honey, and in about 20 minutes I felt so much better!  It just got rid of the grossness.

So there's my 2 cents for today.  I'm no doctor but with the research I've read and the results I've received I think it's definitely worth taking a look into.  My personal opinion is if I can heal something without chemicals then why not??

No comments:

Post a Comment