Friday, February 15, 2013

Post Valentines' Recap

Its funny how when you are a couple before children how easy it is to spend time together.  You make plans and go.  But it gets a little more tricky when you have a child.  When Soren was born we decided that we would really need to make the effort to spend time together.  Because it was no longer a matter of convenience, it would have to be intentional and an effort.  Now that we have 2 children it's even more of an effort than before.


After taking the Love Language quiz it was obvious that my love language is quality time and my husband's affirmation.  So in order for me to feel fulfilled in my relationship I need to have quality time with my husband.  But it's not easy.  We are fortunate to have wonderful parents who help us out to achieve our outings.

So this Valentines' John and decided to take us out for the afternoon and evening.  On Wednesday  I dropped our oldest with my mother-in-law.  But we made it fun, Soren and I took the train which was so exciting for him.  And my mom offered to watch Caleb (our little one).

We managed to take an hour drive and go to San Diego where we just enjoyed each other's company.

I manage to urge all parents to try to connect with each other.  It's so easy to get distracted with all the activities, commitments, engagements, and children.  Spend time together, without children.  I find that when John and I manage to spend quality time together we are just a happier couple, which then makes me a happier mommy and a happier daughter.

I hope all of you had a great Valentines'!

No comments:

Post a Comment