Thursday, February 28, 2013

Getting Ready

I am starting to get extremely excited about moving into our new home.  We get our keys tomorrow and we go right into taking carpets out, painting and installing our new flooring.  It's all kind of excitement for me.  I just love getting my creative juices flowing to design, diy, and decor my heart out.

I am so thankful to my husband for going with some of my crazy ideas and being the handy man he is creating shelving, moulding, plumbing, etc.

But this is also a time to remember that God is the one who provided this home for us.  We believe he led us to this home to downsize and remember what's really important in our lives.

I also look forward to finding a new home Church.  One where we can use our gifts to help the Lord.

In case anyone is interested here are some of ideas for the new home...a lot of it just diy work...
Here's the wallpaper I'm using for an accent wall in our living room.









I would like to find a rug like this on the cheap...still looking

This will be our new couch from IKEA






So as you can see I'm going for a gray toned living room.  I will be adding chartreuse accents throughout.  I already have a large coffee table that is also a storage chest that I will be sanding and refinishing.  Check back soon to see what it looks like.  I also have an existing dining room set that I will be re-purposing as well as side tables.  Really excited to reuse what I already have in a new way, whether it's re-staining, or relocating.

I will try and post photos as I go along to show you before and after looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment