Tuesday, January 8, 2013

God Does Listen


It is amazing that if you just shut your mouth sometimes and listen, that God speaks directly to you.  After my post early this morning I felt discouraged and defeated, but this afternoon while trying to figure out how to make my blog look pretty.  I was glancing at some others.  I came across one called Every Day Miracles.  There I was reading Wendi’s blog when I happen to look off to the corner to see a picture of a baby in an incubator.  And underneath it said ‘JD: In our lives for 10 days.  Changed our lives forever.  Dancing with Jesus.’  I lost it and broke down and cried.  I heard Jesus at that moment saying. ‘Tanya, see you really don’t have it all that bad.  Relax and give me your burdens.’ 

And if that wasn’t enough, I was driving with Caleb this afternoon to Lifeway Christian Bookstore and I was listening to a sermon by Greg Laurie.  He had a guest speaker,  Pastor Levi Lusko.  He had lost his 5 year old daughter, Lenya, 5 days before Christmas, suddenly with an asthma attack.
Lenya Avery Lusko  

Again I heard Jesus say ‘see Tanya, again, be thankful that your son is healthy.  Trust in me, know that I will not leave you.’ 
I find it amazing that through great difficulties, if we open our ears and our hearts, we will hear God speaking to us.

And on the drive home I was listening to Pastor Mark Ambrose http://www.pacificcoastchurch.org/GrowInChrist/SermonArchive.php talking about marching in line walking towards Jesus.  And he was discussing James 5:13 ‘Are any of you suffering hardships?  You should pray. Are any of you happy?  You should sing praises (NLT).  My response. ‘Okay God, I hear you loud and clear!’  I will continue to pray and know that you are listening.

It is times like this afternoon, where I am lifted and strengthened and rejuvenated by the Lord.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment